Thursday, January 31, 2013

If You Have The Small Print Book, You Probably Finished Quarter Notes For Chapter 6.Study Clause Notes From Class Today.

Finish reading Chapter 6 from ROT,HMC.

Complete another set of quarter notes.

Think about what the conversation might have sounded like between Mr. Morrison and Uncle Hammer. How do you think Mr. Morrison might have persuaded Uncle Hammer not to retaliate against Mr. Simms for hurting Cassie?

Study Clause Notes from today.

A clause is a group of words that contains a subject and a predicate.

An independent clause contains a subject and a predicate and expresses a complete thought and can stand alone.       I'll ask my mom

A dependent clause contains a subject and a predicate but does not express a complete thought and cannot stand alone.     if I can go  

A simple sentence is an independent clause. Mrs. Jaggers is old.

A complex sentence contains an independent clause and a dependent clause. I'll ask my mom, if I can go.

A compound sentence contains two independent clauses which are joined by a conjunction. I asked my parents and they said I could go..

A compound/complex sentence contains two independent clauses joined by a conjunction and at least one dependent clause.   I asked my mother if I could go to the dance and she said yes.




No comments: